Well. I have received all my scans back from yesterday’s adventure of developing my own film. Lots of mistakes especially in development time. There were also a lot of scratches in the earlier portion of film which came from my handling of it and trying to get it into the reel. But all in all I am deeply satisfied with the results.
Here are some of the pictures….
It’s interesting to compare this image to one I took at the same time with the Canon EOS 5D,
I learnt a lot in the process especially from the mistakes. My ultimate aim prior to being more experimental and artistic is achieve consistent and predictable results. Therefore I’m going to stick to a few rules. Mainly to use the same film and focus on getting the developing right. I’m not sure what film to use, probably Ilford Delta 100 or 400. Second is to resist the temptation to push the film, at least in the early stages of me gaining some level of mastery in developing.
As far as the actual process is concerned, I need to be extra careful loading the film in the reels. More patience is required here.
Having said all that, I love doing all this. It’s so satisfying.